Main Electrical Service

Need one?  Consider Longbeach Electric whether it is overhead or underground,  single family or fourplex,  100 Amp or 400 Amp we do it.

There are two ways to install electric service in your home: overhead and underground. An overhead electrical service consists of an electrical wire attached to a pole which connects to the service attachment on your house. An underground electrical service system consists of using an underground service cable.

We also do service repairs and moves so give us a call at 250-551-0382.

Underground Electric Services

Underground service entrance feeds are fed, like their names imply, underground.

Instead of overhead aerial cable feeding an overhead service conduit, an underground service is fed by underground, direct burial cable. This method has become the choice of many, replacing the unsightly overhead feeds.

Overhead Electric Services

Overhead service, also known as an overhead service drop, is the overhead electrical power line coming from our utility pole to your home.

When you call Longbeach Electrical to set up an electric service installation, be prepared to discuss your electrical needs such as:

  • If the service will be rated 100, 200 or 320 amps
  • The required voltage
  • The preferred location of the new meter fitting
  • Whether the existing service will need to be relocated

Panel Upgrades

Old main panels have limitations on available space to add circuits or they have fuses (some insurance carriers will not insure a property that has fuses).

Some old panels have had circuits added and have maxed out (most old panels are maxed out when the original construction was completed). Many old panels are of inferior quality and simply stop working and need to be replaced.

An electric service upgrade is often recommended or required to increase the capacity of the existing electrical service. With all the new appliances and technical devices we now have in our homes, we find that older homes just don’t have sufficient power available to handle the increased demand. Therefore, a “service change” is required. This may include not only upgrading your electric panel, but upgrading your meter socket, the wire between the meter and panel, the wire between the utility and the meter and the grounding system as well. A panel upgrade or replacement is usually required to alleviate a problem with the existing panel.